Monday 16 March 2020

SPATTER - Coffee Series II

SPATTER - Coffee Series II by Sea Dean

As I’ve said before, I’m a bit of a ludite when it comes to technology. However, it’s mainly because I don't have time than a philosophy. I am a trained Batista, so I’m old school when it comes to brewing coffee. i was horrified when automatic expresso machines came along and amused by the Keurig phenomena (the one that had the best advertising wins, not the one with the best product).

I have a large collection of coffee making equipment from Bodums, to drips (yuk) to presses, to an amazing Vietnamese one cup manual drip that uses condensed milk (a must try). By far my favorite, until it started to leak, was an old Melita one cup which used round tea bag like pods. Recently I visited an up market airbnb that had a Nespresso and I was impressed, so now a convert, I purchased one when my old workhorse died.

If anyone else has a Nespresso you know it’s not easy to find pods and the compatibles are nowhere near as good as the name brand pods, which can only be ordered online. I have now tried at least 10 grocery store compatibles and the only one that was decent was Starbucks decaf which is also the only one with an agreement with Nespresso and has near identical pods. I’m not a fan of Starbucks but they do make great decaf and apparently great Nespresso compatible pods.

I digress. After the recent success of my image, MY CUP RUNNETH OVER, I’ve decided to mount a series with the eventual goal of holding a themed exhibition. Here is #1 and #2 in the series.

MY CUP RUNNETH OVER

1 comment:

  1. Before I read the title, I thought this was part of the car wash series. LOL. I had to look at this a while, to try and figure it out. Is that a streak of light? Interesting no matter. Why are water droplets, and shapes like that so intriguing to us? Like watching the raindrops on a window. This will be an interesting collection Sea. :) I am not a coffee drinker, but now I want a cup, LOL :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.