Wednesday 18 December 2013

ART PARTY DAY 19 - HIMALAYAN BLUE POPPIES - ACEO - ATC - YUMMY OVEN POTATOES


HIMALAYAN BLUE POPPIES
3.5" x 2.5" Canvas Panel
Fine Art ACEO Miniature Painting
ORIGINAL BY SEA DEAN

Everyone purchasing from now till 25th December 2013 receives a free print as a thank you. To view my Gallery please visit Daily Paintworks. Original SOLD, however, larger originals or prints may be available by contacting me.

What better gift at any time of year than that of cut flowers? Alberts always remembered to send beautiful flowers on special occasions. He knew how much I loved them and I miss those wonderful bouquets.

Meconopsis grandis, known as the blue poppy, is the national flower of Bhutan. Since they are difficult to grow from seed, they are rare outside the himalayas. Bhutan is a fascinating place. Can you imagine a country where happiness, has been chosen by the government to encourage in every way they can? Bhutan's concept of "Gross National Happiness" is fairly new, but the world, including me, is watching.


Cat # 13271 Himalayan Blue Poppies




2 comments:

  1. Great post Carol. This is what I was getting at when I set up the ART PARTY. All creatives are welcome, photographers, crafters, people that make their own cards, cooks you name it. Too bad we don't have more of them. A studio shot is a cool idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made these roast potatoes for dinner and they are really good. I would advise making them in a dish with a roast so they soak up the juices. Alternatively cook in a small dish and close together so they sit in the fat. That way you can also baste easier. You could also add a bit of stock or gravy towards the end.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.