Friday 29 August 2014

GET YOUR ART OUT THERE MEMBER OF THE DAY - SHARLENE MCNEILL

Getting back into the swing, now fall is on the horizon, I renew my introductions of members of my Facebook Group GET YOUR ART OUT THERE. Today I am introducing Sharlene McNeill. In her own words ...

THE WATCHER

"Born in 1982, Kettering, England. Currently still breathing and living in Kelowna, Canada.

I started painting at the tender age of four, butt naked in the garden with my easel and a tub of poster paint. Thus I have been painting, designing and writing for as long as I can remember and have since learned to dress myself. 


YOUNG SNOW LEOPARD
I have always been fascinated by storytelling, be it in visual or written format. I have dabbled in the medium of film and dipped my toes into screenwriting but have found I am best suited to creating narrative and concept art. My primary focus at university was layout and background design, since then I have been focusing on improving character design and trepidly venturing into digital paint.


REFLECTIONS
I have written a fantasy/sci-fi novel and currently have two blogs, one focuses on novel-based art, primarily character portraits with write ups on each and the other is for everything else arty!

I often paint or sketch things from the natural world as a study and like to experiment with a wide variety of mediums. Mostly I like my work to feed back in on itself and enjoy varying the process of idea generation. My aim has always been to entertain, to take people on a journey and invite them to enjoy the construct of a fantasy world be they spectators or collaborators."

See my blogs here
Purchase my work here

Image details are as follows:

The Watcher
8 x 8"
Oil on cradle board
2012 (sold)

Young Snow Leopard
16 x 18" Oil on canvas
2013 

Reflections
10 x 8" Oil on box canvas

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.