Tuesday 26 August 2014

SHELTERED BAY - DAILY PAINTWORKS PICK OF THE DAY

I can't believe I did this! 

As you know if you've been reading my blog, I'm in the process of preparing for several exhibitions. I'm taking each of the 50 paintings that I've registered for Art Walk and checking that they're totally ready. I made the check list below to help. When they're 100% complete, they get wrapped and put in one box. When they need some work they go in another.
 
SHELTERED BAY
WINDSWEPT BAY
Here is my handy list.

Finished (any little tweaks or touch ups needed?)
Signed
Varnished
Photographed
Catalogued
Blogged
Scanned
Framed
Back info
Certificate of Authenticity
Made in Canada sticker
Hanging wire

This is what I can't believe: When I got to Windswept Bay AKA Catterline Bay, I decided to make a few tweaks on the angle of the water and the tonal value. I tweaked it here and I tweaked it there. I added a signature and then it came to me ... the name was wrong!

I love the clouds in this piece which is where the "Windswept" came in, but then it should be "Windswept Clouds" not "Windswept Bay". But the reason I chose to paint the scene in the first place was the beautiful tranquility of the bay and the A. J. Casson like clouds served to emphasize that. AHA! I think it should really be called "Sheltered Bay". What do you think? I reckon that a patron is much more likely to purchase a painting called Sheltered Bay not wanting to be remined of these windswept times.

Sadly the labels are already in process, so for this exhibition it will be WINDSWEPT BAY, but if it doesn't sell during the weekend, I'm changing it's name. Can you do that twice? I hope I don't give the painting a complex.



Cat # 14108 Sheltered Bay

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.