Monday 1 September 2014

PRETTY HIGH - Shoe Heaven - DAY TWO

PRETTY HIGH - Mixed Media 6" x 6" Wrap Canvas

PRETTY HIGH
Miniature Masterpiece - Shoe Heaven
Original Painting by Sea Dean
6” x 6” Gallery Wrap Canvas
Professional Acrylic with UV Protection

Purchase via Daily Paintworks

This was a difficult challenge because there were many angles that had to be just right, the front of the foot, the placement of the heel, the height of the anklet etc. I easily chose turquoise/teal for the leather and rose pink for the flowers, but when it came to creating a background it took a while to decide on something simple, interesting enough to grab attention, yet not too busy to distract from the main focus. I settled for a multi layered organdy drape which is much prettier in real life.

My style continues to develop, and I find myself often drawn to mixing smooth with impasto. I also love mixed media and will continue to work with galleries in understanding that this is valid form of fine art, not just a simple craft. For this painting I chose a 3 dimensional style of flower created with soft gel with the shoe smooth and unobtrusive. The final touch is the applied silk flower which really adds pop. I like the effect. I would describe the colour of the flower as true rose pink. It is a warm medium shade. Some monitors might make it appear brighter as with any reddish tones.


Cat # 14106 Pretty High- Posted at # 6 on day 2 Leslie Saeta's blog here

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.