Friday 17 April 2015

LIBERATE YOUR ART POSTCARD SWAP - Artist Sheila Delgado

PEONY PASSION by Sea Dean
PEONY PASSION
8" x 10" Wrap Canvas
$90

View my online Gallery of originals here DAILY PAINTWORKS
Shop for Limited Edition ACEO here
Art Cards $5 and Art Postcards $3 here

Postcard by Sheila Delgado

This lovely design is from my friend Sheila Delgado in California. It is only required to swap 5 postcards through Kat Sloma's project, but some of the swap participants arrange many more swaps privately with participating artists or those that didn't get their work in on time. I don't know how many extras Sheila did this year but I was one of the lucky ones to receive an extra postcard.

On the back Sheila has quoted Branda Ueland ...

"Imagination needs moodling - long, inefficient, happy idling, dawdling and puttering."

... sounds good to me!

I met Sheila through the internet. She is mainly focused on decorative design and studies and creates daily. You can follow her blog and see more of her work here.

The hen is a very recent purchase from a thrift store. I thought he would be nice to put on the breakfast tray in the morning. I suspect he was made in Scandinavia or Germany from some kind of very smooth light wood. I think they look perfect together.

I wanted to find something in my work that echoed Sheila's style and the painting above seemed to fit. This painting was from last year at a time when I was experimenting with adding more texture to my work. I love it's swirling energy. (And I love peonies!)

More about Kat Sloma's project here.


REF 4110 Peony Passion

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.