Monday 20 April 2015

LIBERATE YOUR ART POSTCARD SWAP - Artist Eric Bruth

BLUE DOLL by Sea Dean
BLUE DOLL
By Sea Dean
24" x 12" Deep Wrap Canvas
$175

View my online Gallery of originals here DAILY PAINTWORKS
Shop for Limited Edition ACEO here
Art Cards $5 and Art Postcards $3 here

Postcard by Eric Bruth

This lovely postcard design is from Eric Bruth in Paris, France. How lucky I am to get a postcard from Paris during Kat Sloma's project. I love it. I would like to view the original piece because it seems to have some unusual textures that a print doesn't show well. You can see more of Eric's art here.

I wanted to find something in my work that blended with Eric's style and BLUE DOLL seemed to fit well. It is a painting of a 30" fashion doll in the Metropolitan Museum in New York, designed by Parisian fashion designer, Elsa Schiaparelli. At exhibitions visitors seem to respond to this painting. There is something about the elegance of the "Belle Epoque" era and the Parisian flavour that appeals the them. This costume is from 1906.

I think this lady would love Eric's flowers don't you?

More about Kat Sloma's postcard swap project here.


REF 4116 Blue Doll

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.