Wednesday 29 July 2015

GRAPES OF WINE


VIew my online Gallery of large works and Limited Editions at ARTFINDER
View my online Gallery of small works at DAILY PAINTWORKS
Shop for Limited Edition ACEO and printed products here
Art Cards $5 and Art Postcards $3 here

GRAPES OF WINE
20" x 16" Wrap Canvas
Ready to Hang

I've been working on vineyard and grape paintings this week. I've never painted them before, so there's a bit of a learning curve, but I suppose if you can paint a sphere, you can paint a grape. You would think it would be tedious making circle after circle, but the trick to painting grapes is to make each one individual, so it's not boring at all.

In this painting I was aiming for a richly textured and energetic style. As with all paintings that are the first in a series, there are many layers, and there was much stopping and starting as I worked out some of the challenges and allowed the paint to dry before the next layer. My biggest challenge was to keep it fresh and prevent over working, which I did by drinking many cups of tea as I contemplated. I'm pretty proud of the final result.

Have you ever painted grapes and vines? Do you have any tips for my readers? Please comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.