Sunday 30 August 2015

DOGGIE TREAT

12" x 6" Gallery Wrap Canvas
Purchase here



View my online Gallery of large works and Limited Editions at ARTFINDER
View my online Gallery of small works at DAILY PAINTWORKS
Shop for Limited Edition ACEO and printed products here
Art Cards $5 and Art Postcards $3 here

This is an interesting painting because it has gone through a few versions. I decided it needed more movement and to create that I used the technique of "lost and found edges". The lively brushstrokes and brushstroke finish add to the idea that the black lab is excited about his treat and is whining and shuffling around, but doesn't want to change his begging position.

I'm preparing for a busy September in the studio. I've reorganized AGAIN to give myself more space. I finally got some inspiration paintings of my peers up on the wall and off the floor. I've moved my large blank canvases off my counter space into storage and purchased more paint holders to keep the tubes off my drawing table. My storage for WIP paintings is doing a great job of keeping them in action.


I went to visit "On the Vine" yesterday, which is now showing in LIGHT, the Art Walk Theme exhibition and it has a wonderful position opposite the door to the coffee shop (see second image). The works for the VET exhibition at Blenz in Westbank are waiting to be delivered tomorrow. My sculpture for the COHA exhibition is almost complete (pics later). I have new mats on the way to frame small prints for the ART BAZAAR. I feel as if I need to graft on 8 more hands.

The biggest and craziest September event I'm involved in, is the 5th 30 paintings in 30 days challenge. This is the 5th challenge I've taken part in and they've been a great way for me to rub shoulders with over 400 of my Daily Paining peers. For my theme I've chosen AFFORDABLE ABSTRACTS. I will be posting a new abstract each day on Leslie Saeta's blog and here. The works will be painted on flat canvas without frames, mats or stretchers, they are inexpensive to ship anywhere in the world flat or rolled and you can then take them to your framer or mount them yourself. I can also ship in a ready to frame mat or mounted on a panel or cradle request.

The challenge starts tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.