Friday 12 February 2016

HAPPY HEART VIII - THE MUFFLER - OH MY PRINTS WALL APP

HAPPY HEART VIII
(the red muffler)

Original Mixed Media
4" x 6" Strathmore 140lb 300 g/m2
Gold highlights



OH MY PRINTS WALL APP

This app was shared on GET YOUR ART OUT THERE by member Nan Johnson. Nan found the link on another artists blog but I don't have that person's name to give credit. It is a website where you can see your painting in a home environment and save an image for your promotions. I immediately set to work loading some of my larger paintings and displaying the image where I have them for sale.

Things I love

1. You can drag or upload your painting easily.
2. You can upload an image of any room, so you can show your client your work in their home.
3. You can enlarge or reduce the size to approximate how your painting would look.
4. You can move the upload around until it looks like it is hanging in the right position.
5. There is a good selection of professionally photographed rooms to use.

Things I don't love

1. There is no shadow around the image so it can look like your painting is floating.
2. The rooms are very modern and many of my clients have comfy contemporary or antique furniture.
3. It would be nice to have a selection of professionally photographed frames to pop your art into.
4. The image is saved in a small format and I have to upsize to fit my gallery platform requirements.
5. The app is geared towards larger works and doesn't work as well for small works.
6. You have to guess the size of your painting in the setting because there is no measuring device.


All that having been said, I'm very grateful to Nan for finding this app because Artfinder has recently discontinued their in context app and it is almost a requirement to show your work in context if you want to get into their marketing programs. Below are three of my paintings in context using the app.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.