Saturday 20 August 2016

BACK TO WORK - SPARK


SPARK
by Sea Dean
24" x 24" x 15"
Acrylic and Metal
$350 

Will this reno ever end? A couple of weeks ago my closet railing decided to come loose and crash to the floor in the middle of the night loaded with clothes (probably too loaded). I've had "closet purge" on my list for a while, but the local consignment shop wasn't taking fall season till this week. I was going to time my purge to coincide but this certainly hurried me along. It took me a whole week to sort into Fall, Winter, Spring, Summer. I'm proud of myself, and the first batch was consigned yesterday. I also had a huge bag of dated things which I took to a charity store. I now have a fixed closet railing and a half empty closet where I can actually locate things to wear. Yay!

That isn't all I've been doing, I've been creating work for four submissions which I will share with you over the coming weeks. The first sculpture (above) was delivered for exhibition today: It wil be available for purchase 24th Sept and can be reserved by contacting me through this blog. I was working on some other ideas when this piece came together as if by magic. I call it "Spark", because it represents the spark of inspiration artists feel when they are on track. The exhibition is called "Art off the rails", and is the theme exhibition for the largest art show in the Okanagan, Art Walk. Thousands of visitors from around the province come to this important show, which spans a weekend, but the exhibition is nearly a month.

Art off the rails theme exhibition runs at Lake Country Art Gallery from 27th August to 24th September - gallery hours Wed - Sun 10am - 4pm.

Art Walk runs 10th - 11th September in the center of Lake Country, B.C. Canada

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.