Tuesday 30 August 2016

OVER THERE - DAY 1

OVER THERE
by Sea Dean
8" x 10" Birch Cradle
Acrylic
On Exhibit at Skyway Kelowna Airport

This painting was inspired by a peekaboo look at Okanagan Lake as I was driving and it was painted from memory.

I've started to use more Cerulean Blue to capture the beautiful blue skies we've had this summer. I've never liked CB because out of the tube it is opaque and fairly dark, then darkens more as it dries; however, I'm adding Titanium White to lighten it and the pigment seems strong enough to stay on the warm side even with the cooling effect of Titanium. The brand of Cerulean I'm using is Galleria.

Posted as # 128 on Leslie Saetas Challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.