Sunday 18 February 2018

Black and White Seascape - Bob Ross in Acrylic 2-9- #30in30 - 19




I’m getting tired of big old mountains and friendly trees, so when the next show in the series was entitled “Brown Mountain”, I thought I’d give it a miss. As any long time follower knows, I’m an ocean lover and so I chose this ocean painting for my next paint along. I’m glad I did.

The first thing that struck me was the lovely mix of Titanium White with a whisper of both Indian Yellow and Van Dyck Brown. Even better was the lovely soft aqua created by adding Phthalo Blue to the mix. Then the datks were mixed with Phthalo Blue and Van Dyck Brown, which created a lovely dark and velvetyblack.

I did follow Bob most of the way, but at the end I didn’t like his streaky sky and painted in some billowing clouds. The painting is very striking, so much so that I decided to use the same colors and paint another seascape, which I will post tomorrow.

Bobs Tip
When using a flat palette knife to create mountains and water lines, scrpe most od the paint off, leaving a thicker edge. That way when you go over with a highlight or blending brush, you don’t end up with a sticky mess.

Bob Ross Series 2 Episode 9 Black and White Seascape

Posted on the 30 in 30 blog as #4

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.