Saturday 24 February 2018

Western Expanse - Bob Ross in Acrylic S6 E11 - #30in30 - 25


There are many series of Bobs painting show, but for this challenge I chose the first three, intending to eventually do them all.



After viewing a few random episodes, I discovered that in the beginning he was painting Alaskan scenes inspired by where he lived, but later he received many requests for different types of land and seascape. He also began to travel and be inspired by oceans, marshes, deserts etc.

Having lived in the Pacific Northwest most of my life, I’ve seen enough conifers and snow capped mountains and I find myself more inspired by Bobs later series. For this painting I chose an episode with a more distant view of mountains. In this video Bob painted mainly with a flat palette knife. Golden Open acrylic paints flow more than Regular heavy body paint, so it is challenging to do a whole wet in wet painting with a palette knife; the paint can get very deep and sloppy.

The painting was finished just before this blog needed to go out, so I photographed it wet. I’m looking forward to seeing how it dries. Golden Open is generally more glossy than regular acrylics, so it should look similar.

Bob Ross Season 6 Episode 11 - Western Expanse 


Posted as #4 on 30 paintings in 30 days blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.