Thursday 5 September 2019

FOREST RAIN - Day 6 - 30 in 30 Challenge


One of the things I love about taking part in group challenges is the feedback. Most feedback stays safe with ‘lovely’, ‘interesting’ etc. but you can tell when your art has made a real impact, partly by the frequency of comments and partly by the content.

In particular, I love feedback from Shiela Delgado, my cyber friend and organizer of the 30 Day Creative Gathering. See her blog here. Sheila studies hundreds of art works each day and gives very insightful feedback to me and probably hundreds of other artists. Yesterday I took her comment that it made her think of Christmas to heart and I took another look. I saw that the addition of complimentary red to the green pushed it that way. Hmmmm.

Today I duplicated “Treelight” from yesterday, turned it on its side and immediately Claude Monet’s garden with hanging wisteria came to mind. So, I added more from the purple area of the color wheel. Then I saw the influence of Carla Sta Fernandes emerging; she is an artist I very much admire on my platform, Artfinder. Next I noticed the original forest image behind the marks I had made and added raindrops. Voila, my own unique artwork ... ‘Forest Rain’


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.