Tuesday 12 November 2019

U100 - 2019


Yes, its that time of year again, U100! I’ve lost count how many years I’ve been accepted into this exhibition, but I think this is the 7th or 8th. The number of artists submitting each year has grown massively, so where previously I was allowed about 15 paintings, this year I only need to deliver five, plus some extra for restocking. The gallery is expecting 600 to 900 new works for the first hang, so  my aging body is extremely grateful that I’m not helping this year.

It was difficult for me to choose small works this year, as I took so much time off to care for my Mum, and spent most of my spare time working on Frida VII, but the 30 day gathering in September helped boost my small works inventory. I love my new explorations with iPad drawing added to my photographic images, so most are from those sessions.


To prepare the mixed media pieces, I printed and then added a satin brushstroke finish and a little extra acrylic paint and sparkle. These features don’t photograph well and are best to see in person. Each piece is matted in soft white and mounted in a black or white frame. The white bird is for the feature wall, which this year is going to be mostly black and white.

Prices start at $55, which is a steal and I ship at cost. Let me know if you would like to order, as these special editions are only available at the U100 exhibition in Lake Country, BC, or by contacting me directly through this blog.

The exhibition starts with an exclusive dinner on November 22nd and continues till Christmas. This is the largest and most important fund raising event of the year for LCAG, so if you can visit and support, every little counts. More on the U100 fund raising events as the exhibition unfolds.



1 comment:

  1. They all look fabulous Sea! Congratulations! I love the texture and patterns in the bird. They all work well together as well :) Best wishes :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.