Saturday 7 December 2019

The beauty of a smile and stained glass



This time of year is busy, so it’s nice to take some time out to attend one of the many choral events on offer. Last week my sister and I took in a lunchtime concert in one of our prettiest churches. The all male barber shop singers were in fine form and although not my first choice in entertainment, I found myself swept up in the joy they were experiencing. Singing in all its forms is so healing. I often break into full song when driving.


These two gents were the most fun. The one on the left continually lit up the room with a smile that went from head to toe. The one on the right would have been a great choice for a movie funeral director.

Another important part of the experience was admiring the stained glass. The large 100 year old main window was simply beautiful, but so were the many side windows, each commemorating the life of an important person in the church. I thought you might enjoy seeing a few.







1 comment:

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.