Monday 10 February 2020

DAY 11 of 30 - SNOWY OWL

I’m currently taking part in two challenges, The 30 Day Creative Gathering and the Opus Daily Practice. Its nice to be able to half the effort by using the same art.

I’ve been struggling a bit this weekend though. Saturday is my busy day and I like to relax a bit on Sundays, so working through the weekend is unsettling. I also seem to be fiddling around with quite a few pieces that are not co-operating. Nevertheless I did accomplish quite a lot.

SNOWY OWL by Sea Dean
This is a little Snowy Owl painting that I’ve had on the side for months. Today I finally took him to task. I love the cheeky little guy now. Sometimes I just have to keep working away at it layer after layer until I get the right look, and this is it. Owls of course come out at night, so getting just the right shade of blue and the right treatment of the stars took several goes. His eyes were also challenging, because I wanted them to glow, but the effect wasn’t happening. Perhaps he's just shy.

30DCG2020 - ODP

1 comment:

  1. Love, Love, Love! I am glad you stuck with it Sea, this is magical! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.