Sunday 29 November 2020

U100 - Apples Mask and Painting Soft Sculpture

I delivered my U100 work on Thursday so I’ve been busy preparing. There is always far more to a submission than I plan for, and its I begin to wonder why I do it. Nevertheless Here I am another year. It has snowed but luckily last week was beautiful, which is good, as I chose not to put my winter tires on this year and I would have slid all the way to Lake Country:-/

I promised a unique collection and here is the first of my 10 paintings. 

It is part of a soft sculpture entitled APPLES. It is a mask, but it is also a painting and a sculpture. The piece can be hung as a sculpture for an interesting memento of this Covid year. Alternatively the mask can be removed for use and the matching painting displayed. Another possibility is to buy the set as a gift for one person, or two. There are so many options.


I was in such a rush to get the submission finished that I didn't photograph every sculpture. The gallery is limiting visitors due to CoVid, so artists have been asked to give patrons precedence for the first weekend, but the gallery manager took some quick images for me in situ. Pending snow, I will drive out to Lake Country later this week to photograph those not yet sold. 


The grape one below gives you an idea of the beauty and quality of each set. It hangs corner wise and looks spectacular.

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous work Sea. And what an idea! Historic. Wish you lots of happy sales! And more good weather. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.