Monday 15 September 2014

YUKON - OVER THE HUMP - DAY SIXTEEN

YUKON

by Sea Dean
8" x 10" Canvas Panel

To view my online Gallery of originals please visit Daily Paintworks
Shop for Limited Edition ACEO here
More from my fellow intrepid and brave artists attempting the 30 paintings in 30 days here

I used to live in the Yukon and there is nothing quite like the colour in the far north. True, a great part of the year everything is coated in white, but throughout spring, summer and fall the colours are awe inspiring. 

This is a painting I created a few years ago but I never declared it finished. Daily Paintworks is having a mountain challenge this week, and this painting came to mind. I pulled it out of my files and went over the entire painting adding more colour, value shifts and impasto palette knife work. I think it finally does a little justice to our beautiful northern states and provinces.

Funnily enough, my adjustments were inspired by a PMP photo which was taken in the Alps, but I was thinking of the Yukon when I was painting it. http://paintmyphoto.ning.com/photo/alpeshikingfence-1


Cat # 11010 Yukon - Posted as # 14 on the 30 in 30 challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.