Friday 27 September 2019

ECHO - DAY 28 - 30 in 30


I started this as an exercise in finding the color in the image of a rainbow. I like it so much that it now has a catalog number and will appear in my Artfinder Gallery Shop. It has a mysterious feel to it don’t you think? I tried a version without the ghost rainbow, but it definitely lost something.

I didn't enhance the original image, merely cropped and rotated. I then went in with Markup and tried all the tools until I hit on the colored pencil. I love that you can change the width of the line and the transparency of the tools, but the colored pencil can be used in such a way that it mimics pastel. No wonder Degas was enthralled by this medium, it’s simply yummy.

I purchased some simple white frames today and I will be mounting some of these one finger drawings in them for the upcoming U100 show ay Lake Country Art Gallery. I can’t wait to see how they will look.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.