Wednesday 29 January 2020

PEACE TABLE

I’m proud to introduce my latest work of art, PEACE TABLE

This installation was specifically created for this years Lake Country Art Gallery Intergenerational Exhibition, entitled “A Winter Gathering”. I’ve been participating in this exhibition since it began about 7 years ago. Each year I try to step out of the box and create something unusual. I love the challenge and the locals are always sufficiently surprised.

Peace Table isn’t simply refinished furniture, it’s actually fine art painted on a recycled round table. I had been considering purchasing a large round art panel, but when I saw this unloved piece, I just had to give it new life. First I treated the surface, prepping with Golden GAC 100, two coats of gesso and then started painting with quality acrylic paints. By doing this I am following in the footsteps of many famous artists who, when faced with lack of funds, painted on anything they could find..

Most of the sculptures and installations I am producing now have been percolating on my back burner for quite a while. Peace table combines my love of repurposing furniture, my dislike of war, my belief in equality and my ongoing desire to simplify my work.


This painting comes with the option of displaying it as an occasional table or removing the legs and hanging it on the wall using the included attachments. Although it is curing at the moment I will finish with several coats of matte varnish.

1 comment:

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.