Thursday 6 February 2020

DAY 7 of 30 - WHITE MORNING Work in Progress

WHITE MORNING by Sea Dean 10”:x 10” wrap canvas
DAY 7 - White Morning by Sea Dean 

I worked on this painting a bit today. I like it much better now. The birds are circling on early morning thermals; I don’t know if they can experience joy, but it seems like they are having fun. Maybe I've overdone the bronze, but it is a type of acrylic paint which patinas, (Golden Bronze) so it will soften with time. The birds are in paint pen, but I think I would prefer Liquitex Flow with a rigger. I also see one tree trunk I still need to remove, can you spot it? 

The original is below and was crying out for adjustments, The white tree in front was odd and although the call was for a painting using only black and white, it was boring. I had added pearl white highlights but they didn't show up wll. The texture of many layers of heavy acrylic and gels was its only saving grace.



www.paintamasterpiece.blogspot.comwww.artfinder.com/sea-dean — in Kelowna, British Columbia.
30DCG2020 - ODP

1 comment:

  1. Thought I commented this morning! Hmm. I'm losing it. I actually like the white, unfinished tree. It's cute. I know it doesn't make sense. If one has snow, all would. I love the addition of warmth, the rolling landscape, and the flock of birds. Everything here is wonderful Sea :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.