Friday 20 March 2020

Furniture and Finishing

I have waaay too much furniture in process in my studio and around the house. Some is half finished and some is a figment of my imagination. However chances are that I will have plenty of time to get some painted over the next few months.

New seat covers - Chairs now ready for sale
These chairs came with a used table I fell in love with. I have a mega excess of chairs, so these have to go. They came with a ghastly set of covers made from old T-shirts, so they had to go. I unscrewed the seats and removed about 3,000 staples from the shirts. The original covers were mostly in great shape, except one had pen or paint marks on it. Drat!

So I then purchased a meter of beige micro fibre fabric and cut it into four squares. I positioned each square on top of the padding, turned each seat over and folded the corners into place underneath. A quick staple with a gun to hold each corner in place. Then one along each side while pulling the fabric taught. Tidying each corner with two more staples each and one more between each of the side staples for a total of 24 staples per seat. A quick flip, then screwing the seats back into place and voila! A beautiful set of chairs ready for resale.

I have at least 3 months worth of things like this to amuse myself while I’m  self isolating. I would love to hear what you are doing with all the extra time.

Stay home - Stay safe.


1 comment:

  1. Nice Sea!! I am organizing my digital files. A long overdue project. I also plan to update my social sites, and my website. And of course I will be painting. Enjoy!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.