Tuesday 21 April 2020

Artist Support Pledge

About a week ago I joined the Artist Support Pledge on Instagram. I’m hopeless at Instagram, so I don't expect much. However, slowly the veils are lifting and I have been getting more likes. I will be posting more art on Instagram as I learn. Today I added my designer face masks, mugs, pillows etc. to the mix.

The idea was started in the UK by Matthew Burroughs and has spread around the world. Here is how it works.

Artists post work under £200 value on Instagram with the hashtag #artistsupportpledge (others have since been added to counter the mailing challenges, #artistsupportpledgecanada, #artistsupportpledge-us, etc.) Each artist pledges that when they have made sales amounting to £1,000 they will purchase another artists work. It is done on the honour system.

I think most artists would be happy to purchase some art if they received £800 and if your work is in a gallery you pay more than 20% in commissions anyway. In case you’re wondering, £200 is roughly $250 USD and $350 CAN.


1 comment:

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.