Friday 26 June 2020

Kosher Dill Cucumber Delight


I have fresh dill in my victory garden, so I decided to make this salad. I’ve only ever eaten it as a kosher breakfast item in Israel in 1979. I’ve never made it, but often remember those wonderful breakfasts at the Hotel Continental in Jerusalem. An era long past.

I didn't look for the recipe till after I had made this, so being a purist I only used fresh dill, greek yoghurt and sliced English cucumber. I admit lemon, vinegar and salt would add to the flavour, but I don't remember onions in the Jerusalem delight. It was quite bland, but perfect as a morning wake up to prepare for a hot day.

Ingredients
  1. 2 large cucumbers.
  2. 1 and 1/2 teaspoons salt.
  3. 2 teaspoons lemon juice.
  4. 1 tablespoon oil.
  5. 1 tablespoon sugar.
  6. 2 tablespoons chopped dill or 3 cubes Gefen Frozen Dill. Gefen Frozen Dill.
  7. 1/2 cup thinly sliced onion

1 comment:

  1. Yum! Sounds delightful on this hot Arizona day. ;) So happy your garden is abundant Sea!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.