Saturday 19 September 2020

The Gathering Continues

My first 12 contributions to the 30 Day Creative Gathering

This has been such a full year for me that blogging has taken a back seat as I process so many changes. Mum went into care and it seems unlikely she will be back home. At year end I sold the largest sculpture in my portfolio and the future hinted at more. Then Covid 19 shifted my personal priorities. I set up an Etsy Mask shop to support the cause. My trip to celebrate passing into the third age was axed and then in July, my friend of 25 years died. I now know more about dying and paperwork around it than I ever wanted to. I’ve been on a steep learning curve and there is no rest ahead. 

The whole world and everyone I know has had a tough year and we are all trudging zombie like towards 2021. However, it seems like I’ve had to process more than most. I keep thinking about the movie Titanic and I feel like I’m standing on the stern peering down into the abyss. How about you?

Anyway, life goes on and my internet friend Sheila Delgado has been doing an admirable job hosting the twice yearly Creative Gathering on Facebook. Each participating artist and crafter is soldiering on, and I’m thoroughly enjoying each new work they post. There is a great feeling of camaraderie and support. What a solid, reliable set of worldwide friends I have. Thank God for the internet.

Above are the first 12 postings I have made to the Creative Gathering. We are allowed one piece a day and we each post in the daily album. It is so interesting to see the changes in rhythm, color and media as time goes on. I’m sure we are each influenced a little by the others.

One of my favorites is the work produced by choosing a magazine image and attempting to mix the main colors. I think these are art works in their own right.

Then there are the wonderful character faces of 


Take a look on Facebook - 30 Day Creative Gathering - Friend me and ask for an invite

And Etsy - My Mask Shop - https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/SEA2YOU





2 comments:

  1. You nailed it Sea. About this year. I certainly feel that way. Trudging on. Through mud and muck, it feels like. Thanks so much for the compliment. :) I'm so happy it seems that way to you. :) Haha.
    I'm so very sorry for your loss, and the news about your mother. This year has changed so much, for many of us.
    All we can do is keep trying, keep believing, and keep moving forward.
    Right? Thank you Sea, for participating in the group, and for continuing to be an inspiration. Blessings my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sea for highlighting my creation. Even though I was unable to participate as much as I had originally wanted to, I enjoyed creating these. There are several that I didn't have a chance to post to the group.Your work and photos are wonderful. Congratulations of your mask shop. I'm sure that it has helped so many people. I do shopping/delivering of food etc and it is sometimes a bit stressful, but I do like that I can help people that need it during this crazy time. I can relate to the challenges of having an aging mother, as I am in the same situation. My heart goes out to you and her. Take care. Stay positive, we will come to the other side of all this and I think we will be better for it.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.