Monday 20 May 2019

Artist of the year

Have you seen the UK TV shows “Landscape Artist of the Year” and “Portrait Artist of the Year” on PBS? I LOVE them. Cant get enough of them. I have them recorded and whenever I’m feeling down they are my go to. Every time I watch I’m so inspired.

For a few weeks now I’ve been thinking about my fathers’ annual garden. In our parts we’ve passed through the (yellow flowers) season, the luscious (pink flowers) and now we have lilac. My father loved his lilacs, white, deep purple and light lilac. He also had a pagoda outside my bedroom window where he had carefully trained wisteria to drape. so I’ve been planning a wisteria painting in his honour and finally got around to it, right after watching one of the ‘Artist’ shows. It still needs a bit of tweaking, but I like the splashes of sunlight and the impression of movement in the blooms.


1 comment:

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.