Sunday 19 May 2019

Inspiration Found


When I go on Pinterest, this image often comes up for me. Dale Chihuly is such an amazing inspiration and this image really demonstrates the gusto with which he attacks his art. Primarily a glass artist, Dale also creates stunning abstracts exploring the play of light and transparency. He is almost solely responsible for taking art glass from the middle ages to the modern day. An indicator of his dedication is that he lost an eye while working in his glass studio and now sports a rakish eye patch.

My abstracts are back from exhibition. Its nice to be surrounded by them and be inspired all over again. Some have already made their way to Ritchcraft Gallery, others are going to my Artfinder online shop and Instagram. Each one has a place in my heart and its fun finding spots to hang them at the summer home. One has found a place in my bedroom and, as I found out tonight, it looks stunning when viewed from the balcony.


I really love abstracts, especially Impressionist or Abstract Expressionist pieces. I’m in the process of planning a huge one, but more about that later

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.