Wednesday 30 January 2013

ORGANDY ACEO

Day 30 - 30 in 30


ORGANDY
ORIGINAL ART ACEO 2.5" x 3.5"
Ask about larger Originals in the same series or Prints of this ACEO. To view my Gallery or purchase this painting please visit Daily Paintworks.

This painting is SOLD but I'm happy to take a commission for a similar work. Contact me to inquire about prints and Art cards. 

This signature "Essence" painting induces relaxation and peace. 

Organdy is closer to abstract/ impressionism than most of my florals. I called it "Organdy" because the multiple layers give the effect of a ball gown with many layers of transparent fabric. I've added silver and bronze iridescent paint to enhance the impression of floating on air.

This painting is for day 30 of Leslie Saeta's 30 paintings in 30 days. However, as I started a few days late I also painted "Love is in the Air" which will publish on February 1st and "Evermore" which will publish on the February 2nd, so I can truly say I completed the challenge in the allotted time.

I am also sending out another blog today with a fantastic opportunity and challenge for Artists so "Follow by Email" on the right  to read the exciting news. 

Tip: To get this effect allow the acrylic to dry between layers. Use the colours like watercolour washes.

I welcome comments below. If you have a challenge posting use Anonymous but please put your byline.

LINKS TO BLOG ARCHIVE
How many paintings does it take to become a professional Artist?
The importance of Statistics
"Every Painting should have a hint of red"
Where will your painting find a home?
A fascination for Miniatures - ATC, ACEO, OOAK etc  
"I would rather die of passion than of boredom"
 
(Cat # 13029 - posted as # 6 on Leslie Saeta's 30 in 30)

4 comments:

  1. Hey Sea, you have done a great job on the challenge, I have enjoyed seeing your work change over the 30 days. Have a good day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wendy. I'm interested to see who will submit to the challenge. Would love to see something from you. Any medium, any style so I'm hoping for some real variety.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you Bruce. I particularly like this painting myself. I have great difficulty photographing this multi-layer technique because it tends to look darker and greyer than the actual painting. They look particularly good when lit, almost glowing in some areas.

      Delete

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.