Wednesday 13 February 2013

MY ROSE and Words of Love

WISHING YOU A WONDERFUL VALENTINE'S DAY

This is the one day that we can celebrate love in all it's many forms. Valentine's Day is the time for love, so love your lover, love your family, love your friends, love your neighbour, love a stranger but most of all love yourself.


MY ROSE
by Sea Dean
6" x 8" GALLERY WRAP CANVAS

Professional Acrylic with UV protection
On Auction at Daily Paintworks. Art Cards available by contacting me -
$5 plus postage

There are so many words for love. Below I have chosen four languages but feel free to share other languages with us and add the translation and context in English. Sorry, adult content is inappropriate here.

English words for love
 

Love
Passion
Affection
Adoration
Infatuation

Spanish words for love
 

amar (the strongest way to express love)
querer (strong and the most common)
adorar (strong but in a religious way)
enamorar (strong)
gustar (it means ''like'' and is used when someone is atracted to other)
exaltar (strong but its more religious)
apreciar (friendship)
apegar (friendship)
afectar (Its more for the love to an object not a person but in some cases used to a person)
estimar (friendship but its used to express respect) 


French words for love

I like you     Je t'aime bien
I adore you     Je t'adore
I love you (care for you)     Je t'apprécie vraiment
I love you (more serious)     Je t'aime
I (female) am in love     Je suis amoureuse
I (male) am in love     Je suis amoureux
You are beautiful (male)     Tu es beau
You are beautiful (female)     Tu es belle.
You are handsome (male)     Tu es élégant
You are handsome (female)     Tu es élégante
I am passionate about you     Tu me fascines
You make me happy (male)     Tu me rends heureux
You make me happy (female)     Te me rends heureuse
You are the love of my life.     Tu es l'amour de ma vie.
Would you like to be my boyfriend?     Veux-tu être mon petit-ami?
Would you like to be my girlfriend?     Veux-tu être ma petite-amie?
I want to be with you forever.     Je veux être avec toi pour toujours
I always think about you     Je pense toujours à toi
 

Greek words for love
 

Eros (polytonic|ἔρως "érōs") is passionate love, with sensual desire and longing. The Modern Greek "erotas" means "(romantic) love". However, "eros" does not have to be sexual in nature. Eros can be interpreted as a love for someone whom you love more than the love of friendship. It can also apply to dating relationships and marriage.
Philia (polytonic|φιλία "philía"), which means friendship in modern Greek, a dispassionate virtuous love, was a concept developed by Aristotle. It includes loyalty to friends, family, and community, and requires virtue, equality and familiarity.
Agapē (polytonic|ἀγάπη "agápē") means "love" in modern day Greek, such as "s'agapo" (Σ'αγαπώ), which means"I love you". In Ancient Greek it often refers to a general affection rather than the attraction suggested by "eros".
Storge (polytonic|στοργή "storgē") means "affection" in modern Greek; it is natural affection, like that felt by parents for offspring.
Thelema (polytonic|θέλημα "thélēma") means "desire" in modern Greek; it is the desire to do something, to be occupied, to be in prominence.


Cat # 12011 "My Rose" - Posted as # 17 on Leslie Saeta Weekend Post Feb 2nd 2013

2 comments:

  1. I would love to answer with something clever but after enjoying a considerable time reading this great post all I can say is a quick - I luv U!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.