Friday 17 May 2013

GETTING LUCKY and A FREE PRINT

"The harder I work, the luckier I get." ~Samuel Goldwyn

Isn't that a wonderful quote and so descriptive of my life and the life of most of the professional Artsits that I know. Every job and business I've had I've worked hard and as I've rarely worked for the government or in the corporate world, the financial compensation has been minimal. However, I do know that the harder I work, the luckier I get. In other words I create my own luck.

I have been incredibly lucky. I had a great education, the opportunity to lve in many countries, many wonderful friends and now in the latter half of my life I am following my dream. None of these things (except the luck of my birth to caring parents) came easily. 

One of the reasons the life of a modern day professional artist is suited to me is that I love to challenge myself and go beyond the mundane. I am a modern day adventurer! At present my quest is to make a living as a Professional Artist. To an outsider, the Artist's life may appear easy compared to climbing Mount Everest and trekking the North Pole but it is no less challenging. The truth is that every day I am challenged to ignore that voice in my head that says "stay in bed", "take a break", "give it up", "get a 9 to 5 job" etc. Every day I get up and face my Dragons.

So today I'm going to step outside my comfort zone and ask for feedback. 

Here are nine of my recent paintings, a cross section of size, colour and subject matter. Please consider each one and choose which you like most and which you like least. (If you rate them 1 to 9 with #1 being your favourite and #9 being your least favourite that would be even better). Then tell my why you chose the way you did. Simple as that! You can leave your comments below.

I will give a free print of one of my paintings to the most entertaining or informative feedback, so fire away.

ALSO VIEW THESE PAINTINGS, AUCTIONS and GALLERY HERE


#1 - EXUBRIUM
#2 - WALKING IN LIGHT

#3 SUNSET

#4 - MOUNTAIN TULIPS



#5 - ISLAND ROCKS

#6 - SPRING LIGHT

#7 - LUMINOUS WAVE

#8 - BETTY BOOP


#9 - DAWN TREES
#1 - Cat # 13119 Exubrium
#2 - Cat # 13117 Walking in Light
#3 - Cat # 13115 Sunset
#4 - Cat # 13113 Mountain Tulips
#5 - Cat # 13092 Distant Islands
#6 - Cat # 13103 Luminous Wave
#7 - Cat # 13097 Spring Light
#8 - Cat # 13101 Betty Boop
#9 - Cat # 13105 Early Morning Trees

I apologise to anyone who received this email before I was done, it somewhat got away from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.