Saturday 29 June 2013

BEACH WONDER ACEO, TOPIARY ROSES OSWOA and HOME AND NATIVE LAND Canadian Flag



BEACH WONDER
ORIGINAL ACEO BY SEA DEAN
2.5" x 3.5"

On Auction

To view my Gallery or purchase this painting please visit Daily Paintworks. Larger originals or prints may be available by contacting me. You may also view ALL my available ACEO in my Facebook Gallery here.


This looks like a plain and simple painting of a beach scene, but it was not so simple to paint. The scene is one of my multi layered paintings with the final layers including iridescent pearl, iridescent bronze and interference gold to create the effect of sunlight on the waves. Here I was working on making a simple scene awesome and I think I achieved a great result. One day when I have a permanent home I will paint this for my bedroom in a very large size with a great big set of brushes.

I've read many Artist's advice on how to paint water and a very well known artist whose name escapes me, wrote that wave strokes must connect to make it look realistic. Well, when I was in Paris and had a opportunity to study Monet's work close up, I realized the previously mentioned expert was obviously wrong, however, I do admit it is very difficult to pull off. The first layers of the water were painted using Claude Monet's style of rapid dashes to denote waves. The final layer of glints and glistens on the water were added using the same effect and were even more challenging to achieve while still making the scene look natural.

My signature on the left here shows up more than in the actual painting because it is created in interference gold which is only visible from certain angles.

For some reason my blog has become out of sync with the start of my Daily Paintworks auctions, so today you have the pleasure of two new works from my studio. Here is the second.

TOPIARY ROSES
OSWOA Postcard
ORIGINAL ACEO BY SEA DEAN
6" x 4"

On Auction

To view my Gallery or purchase this painting please visit Daily Paintworks. Larger originals or prints may be available by contacting me. You may also view ALL my available ACEO in my Facebook Gallery here.



And finally, as CANADA DAY is upon us I´m passing on this great photo from Loblaws via Artist Barbara Muir´s blog

And below is one of my patriotic flag paintings. 


HOME AND NATIVE LAND
ORIGINAL ACEO BY SEA DEAN
8" x 6" Canvas Panel


 
 









Cat # 13157  Beach Wonder    
Cat # 13158 Topiary Roses  
Cat # 12065 Home and Native Land

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.