Sunday 14 July 2013

DISTANT CLOUDS on Windpower


DISTANT CLOUDS
ORIGINAL BY SEA DEAN
6" x 8" on Windpower
On Auction at Daily Paintworks

To view my Gallery or purchase this painting please visit Daily Paintworks. Larger originals in the same series or prints may be available by contacting me. 


After I finished my rendition of Two Tahitian Women by Paul Gaugin, I had the urge to look through my reference photos from Polynesia. The region has spectacular cloud formations, sunrises and sunsets. So much so that I was inspired to divert my attention from my National Parks series to work with my references. Yesterday I painted, SAILING HOME which is focused on the water and today it's the turn of the clouds. You may be surprised to hear that both paintings were used the same reference photo.  

This wonderful cloud formation was captured quite a long way out at sea. If you've ever been on an ocean liner, cruise ship, or boat you know that low cloud on the horizon often indicates land. When I lived in Australia my view was over 'the ditch' towards New Zealand several hundred miles away and we often saw a thin line of clouds like this in the distance: That is why NZ is called 'the land of the long white cloud'.

This lovely peaceful sceneis just before sunset in that lazy hour where you sip sun-downers and enjoy beauty and tranquility.


Cat # 13172
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.