Thursday 1 August 2013

ITALIAN HOLIDAY on Windpower - BLUE JEANS IN FLORENCE?





REFERENCE PHOTO
ITALIAN HOLIDAY
ORIGINAL BY SEA DEAN
8" x 6" on Windpower
On Auction at Daily Paintworks

To view my Gallery or purchase this painting please visit Daily Paintworks. Larger originals in the same series or prints may be available by contacting me. 



When I saw this reference photo, supplied by Leslie Saeta, I was a bit daunted. I don't like painting street scenes, partly because I get lost in the detail. Here I was determined to keep it light and fresh and add lots of sunlight. Incidental figures tend to annoy me when I see them in paintings, so I made our tourist the focal point instead. I ended up with something slightly more detailed than I envisioned, but I've managed to convey enough interest without overwhelming the figure.

I was originally going to call this Blue Jeans in Florence and if you purchase the painting, you may still opt for that if you prefer because I won't be cataloging for a week or so. Scanned view to follow when I have time, so check back.

Leslie Saeta's Blog


Cat 13187 Italian Holiday

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.