Wednesday 4 September 2013

DAY 5 - 30 PAINTINGS IN 30 DAYS - PEACH LILY ACEO

PEACH LILY
ORIGINAL ACEO BY SEA DEAN

2.5" x 3.5"
On Auction starting at just $11

To view my Gallery or purchase this painting please visit Daily Paintworks. Larger originals or prints may be available by contacting me. You may also view ALL my available ACEO in my Facebook Gallery here.

FREE LESSON - CATALOGING

Yikes! The work can sure build up when you have other tasks at hand like taking a short holiday, cleaning house, moving, setting up a new studio and signing up for the 30 paintings in 30 days challenge. As a result I was waaaaaay behind with cataloging. Today I finally spread out the work due and to my horror I counted 22 paintings!

Cataloging is a crucial part of any professional Artists life. Firstly, it involves checking that all relevant information appears on the back of each painting. Each Artist does this a bit differently, but I put 7 things - name of painting (and series if there is one), name of artist (me), medium,  signature, year of creation, my contact details and the all important catalog number. I write this all by hand because I believe it is part of the personal creation.

Cataloging also involves checking all websites, online galleries, Facebook etc. to ensure that wherever the painting appears the same information is given, plus the all important size in inches and cm. Sometimes when posting work on the internet things go awry with cut and paste; in my 22 paintings I found 2 that in my rush to post I had misnamed in my online gallery. I've found that another common mistake I see in online shops is the wrong size being entered, largely I'm sure due to duplicating parts of the information and not checking closely enough.

A third part of cataloging is creating a Certificate of Authenticity, which is something I do during the mailing process. I will cover this in another blog.


Cat 13216 Peach Lily
Entered on Leslie Saeta 30 in 30 as number 2
Reference Photo Maria Balcells

12 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! Thank you for sharing the info on cataloging, I am looking forward to your next post :) Have a super creative day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sheila. I post every day, but don't always have time for long Blogs. Happy to have you as a follower.

      Delete
  2. Such a beautiful painting - full of graceful movement and lovely color.
    Glad of the reminder to catalog correctly. Thanks for taking the time.
    Looking forward to reading about the Certificate of Authenticity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julie. This was one of those paintings that just paint themselves. It's magical isn't it?

      I read your Blogs every time and enjoy watching you develop an idea. As you know I don't always have time for long Blogs so C of A may be a few days coming. All my ACEO's include a signed C of A.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful painting - I liked it even more when I saw that it was an ACEO. Thanks also for the cataloging info.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sandra. I found ACEO very challenging at first. I try to make them look just like large paintings, which is the correct test for a miniature. Happy to have you as a follower.

      Delete
  4. This is such a beautiful painting....full of movement yet so gentle. I really like it. Loved the information also. thank you......

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Helen. I think I'll be making this one into a large exhibition piece. I love it too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Thank you Jessie. I appreciate you taking the time to visit my blog.

      Delete
  7. Beautiful and delicate !! Wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hilda. ACEO are quite a challenge but look amazing when framed. I am going to cover display tomorrow. Stay tuned.

      Delete

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.