Saturday 21 December 2013

ART PARTY DAY 22 - DORIS DUCK - FREE GIFT



DORIS DUCK
4" x 4" Canvas Panel
Fine Art Painting
ORIGINAL BY SEA DEAN

Golden bronze highlights which I have endeavored to show. On auction at Daily Paintworks

Everyone purchasing from now till 25th December 2013 receives a free print as a thank you. To view my Gallery or purchase this painting please visit Daily Paintworks. Larger originals or prints may be available by contacting me.

Arty types click here for a cute Christmas card.

HOW DORIS WAS CONCEIVED

First, inspired by the card above, I decided to paint a domestic bird with a Christmas hat, in a different pose. I thought this was a twist on my popular Mouse series.

Second, I considered what birds were connected to Christmas. Turkey, Duck, Chicken, Goose, Partridge and possibly Quail. For me, Turkey is not a tradition because I was raised in England where Goose is far more common and Duck is a more classy alternative. Turkey is something which I became more familiar with after I migrated.

I decided on Duck because of the classy slant. I painted away until I was happy with Doris and then went to add the hat. I've always enjoyed adding hats to my Mice, but Doris looked so darn classy with her golden background that I just couldn't do it to her. So here you have a naked Doris Duck so to speak.


Cat # 13273 Doris Duck





2 comments:

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.