Sunday 5 January 2014

UG2BK - 30 Paintings Day 6 - SEVENTEEN CHANCES TO WIN -

UG2BK - 4
UG2BK  - I

UG2BK - 2
UG2BK 3

UG2BK
ORIGINAL PAINTING BY SEA DEAN
12" x 16" Deep Gallery Wrap Canvas

On auction at Daily Paintworks

To view my Gallery or purchase this painting please visit Daily Paintworks. Larger originals or prints may be available by contacting me. 

As you can see, UG2BK is a bit of a chameleon depending on how the light falls on it. I love all it's changeable looks. 

This is a rework of an abstract from last year. Although I declared it complete before and loved the lavish helpings of iridescent copper impasto, I never liked the lime green under-painting. So today I worked on it a little more, adding substantial amounts of cadmium red light, some more texture and covering the lime green. Now I love it!

The challenge is that now I just can't decide which way it should hang and where I should sign it. Please leave a comment to let me know what you think?

Cat # 13257 UG2BK
12th Day of Christmas

3 comments:

  1. I like #2 the best...seems to be taking flight. If you are still looking for someone to design a badge for you, i can do the graphics, and i have a friend who can do the code for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sheila and Veronica. I think it has completely different characters each way and it probably depends on what kind of emotional response you are looking to have in your home.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.