Tuesday 6 May 2014

ART THROUGH THE AGES INTERGENERATIONAL EXHIBITION - WATERLILY

WATERLILY
PROFESSIONAL ACRYLIC PAINTING BY SEA and CHARLOTTE DEAN
12" x 12" CANVAS PANEL

A collaborative painting by mother and daughter, Charlotte and Sea Dean for the LCAG Intergenerational Exhibition. Can be viewed and purchased at Lake Country Art Gallery with custom mount or online as a panel at Daily Paintworks here. Part of the proceeds to LCAG public gallery during the exhibition.

Sea Dean “I have wanted to paint with my mother for many years. She was the first person to inspire me to draw, sitting together at the dining room table. She has always encouraged my work and likes to make suggestions, so it was natural to ask her to collaborate on the intergenerational show.

We started with a blank canvas, I asked Charlotte to suggest subject and colour scheme. As I painted, I asked for feedback. Some things Charlotte suggested were very challenging, because I would normally make different choices.

This was our first collaborative effort and it took a while to learn to work together productively. I decided to take a back seat and Charlotte became the project manager with my hands putting her thoughts into action. This painting went through many versions until we both agreed it was finished.

Cat # 14080 Waterlily

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.