Thursday 15 May 2014

LADY IN SILVER AND RED - ART THROUGH THE AGES EXHIBITION - DAILY PAINTWORKS PICK OF THE DAY1

LADY IN SILVER AND RED

A collaborative collage by mother and daughter, Charlotte and Sea Dean
12” x 12” Canvas Panel
Mixed Media

Purchase at ART THROUGH THE AGES EXHIBITION Lake Country Art Gallery or via Daily Paintworks. I'm always happy to take payment in installments, especially on my larger pieces.

Charlotte had the idea to add a print of my painting “Beautiful Eyes” to one of our pieces. We started with a blank canvas and the same collage items as the previous two in the series spread in front of us. Charlotte liked the idea of silver threads to catch the light and I had the idea of creating a sort of hat which would be fun to decorate. As I worked, I asked for feedback on colour and positioning. I placed the scrunched silver tissue and embellishments. Eventually the result was a work we were both satisfied with.

I have always respected the wisdom of older friends and relatives; after all, they probably experienced the same situation and found a solution in the past, so why not ask their opinion? By living through wars and times of hardship, the older generation have learned to adapt, something we need to re-learn in the current economy.

Lady in Silver and Red was created on the theme of “making do”


Cat # 14087 Lady in Silver and Red

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.