Tuesday 1 July 2014

THAT WAS FUN - FIRST ANNUAL GYPSY FAIR - SUMMER BREEZE


SUMMER BREEZE
Original Mixed Media Painting by Sea Dean
24" x 36" on wrap canvas

To purchase this original painting and view my Gallery click here

To make things simple for my patrons, all my paintings over one hundred square inches (10" x 10") are now $1 per square inch. Shipping is at cost.

To purchase a Limited Edition ACEO of this painting click here

PAINT A MASTERPIECE at the GYPSY FAIR - LAKE COUNTRY, BC
We all had a great time at the recent Gypsy Fair which I hear is going to be an annual fund raiser for several local groups. Kudos to those that worked long hours to support the musicians and artists in the community and put on a spectacular event. There were appies and cakes galore, fun costumed attendants, lots of art, jewellery and gifts and all serenaded by fabulous Gypsy music and even a belly dancer. The locals came out "en masse", with some driving from two hours away. It was lovely to see everyone having a good time.

This is the first full size booth I've done for a while and we are in the hot season, so lugging boxes and stands around was exhausting, but I was pleased with my display. Many people in the area only know me for creating miniatures and small works of art, so they in awe of my large pieces. Here is a photo showing that the sun was behind me making my booth appear dark, but the bright sunlight actually worked in  my favour, back-lighting the canvases and making the cadmium red light under-painting do it's work. 

SUMMER BREEZE, above, was a big hit especially as the sun dropped in late afternoon and created a magic sunset glow. It once again demonstrated to me the importance of lighting, especially with acrylic paintings and reminded me to instruct my patrons how to light a painting correctly. More on that in a later blog. Do you see the tiny sailboat? That's how big our lake is.


Cat # 12068 Summer Breeze

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.