Sunday 21 September 2014

DAY TWENTY TWO - Art Walk Collaboration Canvas

ART WALK COLLABORATION

by Sea Dean, Alex Fong, James Hayes, Cyndee Banister et al
BIG Canvas (I guess about 6' x 8')


To view my online Gallery of originals please visit Daily Paintworks
Shop for Limited Edition ACEO here
More from my fellow intrepid and brave artists attempting the 30 paintings in 30 days here


As you know, I was one of the Art Walk Artists this year. On the Saturday evening we had a gathering for participants. At the gathering was a huge canvas with a table full of brushes, paints and found objects and the artists were told to let loose. The finished article was on display the next day in the food court. 

I worked on the canvas with two of the foremost artists in the area, James Hayes and Alex Fong. Both were shy to add paint themselves but I persuaded them that I would do the work and they just had to give me an idea of what to do. Wish I had a photo of this. It was a blast and I learned so much about their process, even though it was a fun collaborative piece.

I stayed late and added more blocks of white which had been suggested by Alex and Jackson Pollock like splashes, which I've always wanted to do, but haven't had the large canvas, space and $ to throw paint around. I loved the whole process although I was worried I was going to splash paint on my best party frock or on the grassy courtyard because the painting was propped on an easel and I had to stand back and fling :) Luckily the dress managed to escape being painted.

As I took part  on Sept 7th, I can still count it as part of the 30 paintings in 30 days.

This is the result. I would love to know what happened to it.

Posted as # 5 on 30 in 30

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.