|SILENT AUCTION - Lot 1|
Mixed Media with Gold Leaf
4.5" x 6.5" Watercolour Paper
Partial Raw Edge Matted in Ivory
Framed in soft gold
Starting Bid $20
The 30 paintings in 30 days challenge is over, so now we can focus on my exclusive SILENT AUCTION. Yay!
One day a few weeks ago, I was pondering what to offer my loyal fans and patrons to thank them for their support throughout the year. At the same time I was curating my new studio/gallery and peer collection. Space is at a premium so as much as I love art created by others, the studio/gallery should exhibit my own work not the work of others. Hmmmm! I pondered.
Then I was inspired by a thought. Why not offer parts of my personal collection and some of my own work through a silent auction with low starting bids? Because I run the auction through a standalone website, I pay no fees and can pass on the savings to the purchaser. Once the idea was born I couldn't wait to set up the website and work out a bidding system.
It's really very simple...
1. Visit the website, or come to one of my upcoming shows to view the lots.
2. Enjoy the work on offer (you can hover to see details or click to see a larger image with more details). Some is from my own hand and some is from my peer collection.
3. Choose which pieces you would like to bid on and click the link in details.
4. The link creates an email so you can send me your bidding details.
5. As bids come in I update the website and my paper record to correspond.
6. On November 15th at midnight PST bidding ends.
7. Winning bidders will receive an invoice from Paypal with the name of the work, your bid and shipping. Tax is included. Multiple items to the same bidder will be shipped together.
8. On payment your item(s) will be shipped within 3 days in plenty of time for holiday giving.
Bid on my exclusive limited time SILENT AUCTION here
Shop for Limited Edition ACEO here
View my online Gallery of originals at DAILY PAINTWORKS
Todays painting on Daily Paintworks is actually a sketch for the people challenge. The spec. was to create a page of quick people sketches to get over the fear of putting people in paintings. I had fun as you can see. The joy of this was that tiny wobbles and extensions of lines can completely change the character you are drawing. I'm starting a new DPW Gallery category called Sketches, where you will often find experiments and preparatory sketches for low low prices. Enjoy.
And in case you're wondering, here is the collage of the 30 paintings I did for the 30 day challenge. The collage shows the whole painting if it is square, but otherwise it is a crop and you need to go to Daily Paintworks to see the whole version.
Cat # 14157