Saturday 4 October 2014

Silent Auction - LOT 4 - UG2BK - Rare Oil - Sunlight Through Trees - DAILY PAINTWORKS PICK

by SEA DEAN
Mixed Media with Copper

16" x 12" x 1.5" Deep Gallery Wrap Canvas
- ebony edge

Value $450
Current Bid $35
Bid $40 or more

This is one of my favourite pieces this year. It has a changing character because it can be displayed any way up and the copper paint catches the light in different ways. I also love the colour scheme and those dots and swirls add a natural feel to the whole. I really want this one to go to a good home.

MY SILENT AUCTION


One day, I was pondering a thank you gift for my loyal fans and patrons to thank them for their support this year. I was curating my new studio/gallery and with space at a premium I was inspired by a thought... Why not offer paintings from my personal collection and my selected works through a low start silent auction?

It's really very simple...

1. Visit the website, or come to one of my upcoming shows to view the lots.
2. Enjoy the work on offer (you can hover to see details or click to see a larger image with more details). Some is from my own hand and some is from my peer collection.
3. Choose which pieces you would like to bid on and click the link in details. 
4. The link creates an email so you can send me your bidding details.
5. As bids come in I update the website and my paper record to correspond.
6. On November 15th at midnight PST bidding ends. 
7. Winning bidders will receive an invoice from Paypal with the name of the work, your bid and shipping. Tax is included. Multiple items to the same bidder will be shipped together.
8. On payment your item(s) will be shipped within 3 days in plenty of time for holiday giving.

Bid on my exclusive limited time SILENT AUCTION here 
Shop for Limited Edition ACEO here  
View my online Gallery of originals please visit DAILY PAINTWORKS

SUNLIGHT THROUGH TREES by Sea Dean after Ann Willsie
Sunlight Through Trees by Sea Dean
OIL PAINTING

This is my first oil painting in over 10 years. I attended an oil painting demo by Ann Willsie today, with emphasis on negative painting wet in wet. She started under-painting with burnt sienna and then moved from darks to lights and back to mid tones. 

I've been intending returning to oil for a while, but layering oil over acrylic, so I thought I would play with negative painting and my water soluble oils, but with acrylic under-painting. I found this quite engrossing and much easier than working with acrylic. For collectors, this would be a great investment because it marks my return to oil and firsts always increase in value quicker. Purchase through DPW.

The bottom image is more accurate colour and value but it had shine at the top. The top image doesn't show the liveliness and the brighter yellow of the sunshine.

Ref 13257 and 14162

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.