Saturday 25 July 2015

ACCEPTANCE - Nests

I've been accepted for the COHA Exhibition "Expressions of Death: dying, grief and life after" showing in September at the Alternator Gallery in Kelowna, BC.

"The Central Okanagan Hospice Association (COHA) offers compassionate care, comfort, support and learning to those who are dying or grieving within our community. We all will die, yet the words, death, dying, died are spoken in hushed whispers if they are spoken at all. Through the denial of our death, we deny those around us the knowing of our wishes, fears, and hopes. We deny lasting connection in our final breaths. Through starting the conversation on living until death, we hope to create an atmosphere where to die is not to lose a fight, but an inevitable step on one’s journey."





This is the first time I've been accepted  on the strength of a proposal for a conceptual piece, which is a step in the direction of public art submissions. My proposed art work is called CROSSING OVER. The piece is a sculpture based on my nest series, exploring a much loved area of my artistic life that I rarely play in. Stay tuned for more, as I develop the proposal and start construction. Yay!

I think this may be the only 2D nest that I have available at the moment. You can purchase it with or without a frame, but it is currently for sale on Daily Painworks framed and matted. Just contact me if you want to mount it yourself and save on shipping.


VIew my online Gallery of large works and Limited Editions at ARTFINDER
View my online Gallery of small works at DAILY PAINTWORKS
Shop for Limited Edition ACEO and printed products here
Art Cards $5 and Art Postcards $3 here

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.