Saturday 11 July 2015

FAMOUS ARTISTS BIRTHDAY - MINI MASTER SERIES - EUGENE-LOUIS BOUDIN - IMPRESSIONIST




OCEAN SPRAY AFTER BOUDIN by Sea Dean
Eugene-Louis Boudin was born 12 July 1824. His father was a ship captain and he was raised inthe French port of Le Harvre. He was lucky enough to study in Paris, 1851 - 1853 and while there he was influenced by Jean-Baptiste Camille Corot. He soon made friends with Monet and worked plein air with him circa 1858. He was invited to be part of the first impressionist exhibition in 1874.

Boudin painted in Normandy, Belgium, Holland, Bordeaux, Venice and the Cote d'Azure, but he is most famous for his seascapes.

8 August 1898 passed away at Deauville, France

Eugène Boudin

OCEAN SPRAY AFTER BOUDIN
by Sea Dean
7" x 5" Canvas Panel
Available at Daily Paintworks

The ocean is a fascinating thing especially when a storm is brewing. I remember standing like this figure many times watching the waves. As soon as I saw Boudins painting I knew I had to make a study in paint. I primed the canvas with molding paste for texture.

Sorry, the image isn't the best because it was quite dark when I finished and I was using raked light to show the texture. I will try again in daylight.

VIew my online Gallery of large works and Limited Editions at ARTFINDER
View my online Gallery of small works at DAILY PAINTWORKS
Shop for Limited Edition ACEO and printed products here
Art Cards $5 and Art Postcards $3 here

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.