Tuesday 12 January 2016

30 PAINTINGS IN 30 DAYS - DAY 13 - UNDER THE JACARANDA TREES


UNDER THE JACARANDA TREES
3.5" x 4.75"



Fine Quality Water Colours on French Watercolour Paper

This painting is an attempt to paint beautiful Jacaranda trees in bloom. In the southern hemisphere they put on a show in November and in the north I think it is May. I've only seen one Jacaranda in Canada, but I'm sure there are more.

When you stand under a blooming Jacaranda the large violet purple flowers give everything an unearthly bluish glow because there are no leaves at that time to modify the effect. It's a magical experience.

SHIPPING 16th MARCH 2016 OR LATER - SOME PAINTINGS AVAILABLE FOR IMMEDIATE DISPATCH FROM MY OUTLETS AS NOTED IN DESCRIPTION ON DAILY PAINTWORKS

My first sale at Kelowna Airport and I received a lovely note from a patron ...

Hello Sea,

"I was traveling through Kelowna last night and happened to see your painting "Alpine Meadow" a little 6x6 dated 2012, for sale at the airport. I simply could not leave without that picture! It draws me in so many ways I could look at it every day for years and years. It's like a lovely piece of poetry or a good book I need to keep so I can always read it over again. You live in a beautiful part of the world and to me, this little painting captures so much of it, and so many other wonderful landscapes I have visited and have yet to discover.




Thank you for including your biographical information and email address. It means a lot to me to be able to get in touch and let you know that piece has found a home where it will be cherished and enjoyed."
Best wishes,
Alicia

Stay tuned for more new paintings in the next 30 days.
If you are an artist and would like to join in, here is the link -
30 in 30

Posted as # 21 on 30 in 30 Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.