Saturday 13 February 2016

HAPPY HEART IX - THE HUG - MY FUNNY VALENTINE


HAPPY HEART IX 
(The Hug)
Original Mixed Media
4" x 6" Strathmore 140lb 300 g/m2



I've been drawing hearts and coloring them in for over a week now and so I'm familiar with the dimensions and pitfalls. For Valentine's Day I've created something I've wanted to do for a long time. It's a single color brush stroke without any correction or embellishment.

It looks simple, but have you ever tried to draw a heart freehand in one stroke with reasonable symmetry and enough character to be interesting? It's one of those things that onlookers think is very easy for artists, but as my trash can will testify - NOT! If you've never tried it, give it a go and I rest my case!

This is one of the most minimalist paintings I have ever created, challenging but worthwhile. I wonder if I would ever build up the courage to get a huge can of flow paint, a broom and a whopping great canvas, and let loose in monumental proportions.


HAPPY VALENTINES CYBER FRIENDS




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.