Tuesday 27 September 2016

BOYS OF 36 - DAY 28

BOYS OF 36
by Sea Dean
Digital Painting

I'm loving the freedom of these iPad drawings. My favorite tool is the overlay white, which is a semi-transparent that can be used to lighten areas. My second favorite is that although I was taught never to use an eraser when drawing, the eraser tool is great for tidying up messy lines and framing the edge.

This drawing was inspired by a wonderful documentary on the champion USA rowers of the 1936 Olympic Games. It must be something to do with being English, but I love 8 man boats and the smooth way they slip through the water but with such thrilling power. Here I was working on pattern and the movement of the water.

If you love it, contact me and we can discus size and cost.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.