Saturday 14 January 2017

30 PAINTINGS IN 30 DAYS - FIFTEEN - LAKE REFLECTIONS


LAKE REFLECTIONS
8" x 10" Birch Cradle
Reserved for Skyway

The last few weeks I've been working on a submission for SWAC Skyway YLW. They require local content and only 20 artists are selected from the thousands working in the Okanagan/Thompson region, 10 First Nations and 10 non-First Nations. SWAC is an equal opportunity Arts Council, so ideally 50% of the accepted artists will be First Nations. As I'm of European decent, I am vying for one of only 10 spots in this round. Nerve wracking to say the least!

The art can be almost anything except digital painting, so I'm back to acrylics for this submission. Each of my submitted paintings has taken about a week to paint, which is completely ridiculous considering I am only asking $125 for this 8" x 10". When you spend that long fretting over a painting it is very difficult to let them go. I particularly love this one, where I was concentrating on getting the reflections perfect.

This painting serves as my entry fifteen into the 30 in 30 challenge. Follow my blog so you don't miss any of my entries.

Posted as # 4

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.